- Ensure that all screening activities assigned to you are performed to specified quality standards and within agreed timescales.
- Undertake research into counterparties and/or risk entities using a combination of publically available and commercially licensed IT tools and data sources. Collate the results of your search in the specified manner and retain evidence as required.
- Analyse and interpret your results to come to a conclusion that gives direction, advice and guidance to the business.
- Communicate with all stakeholders in a precise and concise manner.
- Adhere to your own GRM (Group Records Management), TRIM and email communication standards.
- Contribute to and participate in specific projects (when required).
- Lead by example with regards to the Core Values of Honesty & Integrity and Respect for People, the five Behavioural Imperatives, Enterprise First Behaviours and the Life Saving Rules.
Skills & Requirements
- General understanding of Trade Controls, Anti-Money Laundering & Anti-Bribery and Corruption policy, know-your-customer process
- University Degree in Legal, Finance or Business or other related qualification
- Professional experience in a sanctions screening role working in a Medium to Large organization would be an asset
- OKU card holders are encouraged to apply
- Fresh Graduates are encourage to apply
- Excellent analytical, process & project management skills
- Significant attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Knowledge of an additional language would be an asset
- Ability to work well under pressure & prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a global, matrix environment that spans multiple legal entities & teams
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple conflicting priorities, timelines & stakeholders
- Excellent judgement & assessment skills; proactively employ personal curiosity to identify & research parties using a risk-based approach
- Ability to liaise with senior stakeholders, both within legal & compliance and the business, succinctly and with confidence
- Computer literate (MS Office: advanced Excel and Word)
- Very good knowledge of at least one ERP system used in Shell