As a member of Non-Volatile Engineering (NVE) group, part of Solid State Drive (SSD) Product Engineering (PE) team, you are part of a team involving in engineering test development, pre/post silicon design validation, characterization & qualification and evaluation of Micron’s latest RG NAND memory products. You will be responsible for enabling Micron’s NAND products with flawless and issue free release with compliance to datasheet and customer specification to both internal and external non-volatile system customers.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Identify alternate test platforms to improve test coverage, apply sophisticated customer use cases test sequences and improve test cost
- Prepare bench programs, software tools, and hardware interfaces for new non-volatile semiconductor memory products, as well as supporting special requests for enabling silicon debug throughout the product lifecycle
- Responsible for both product development and supporting high volume manufacturing of SSD.
- Support for SSD failure analysis from NPI to HVM stage.
- Perform manufacturing yield evaluation and data analysis.
- Perform Electrical Failure Analysis during the evaluations and investigate root causes of reported device issues and collaborate with NAND Design, Application Engineering, Product and System teams to drive closure of SSD products/NAND device issues.
- Automate program development and work processes whenever possible.
- Troubleshooting failure from customer return and provide solutions to fix the problems.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/Electronic Engineering or Computer engineering.
- Relevant experience in either SSD or HDD industry will be an advantage.
- Relevant experience with computer hardware, knowledge of storage interface such as, PCIe, SATA or SAS will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Perl and etc.
- Effective interpersonal skills in written and spoken English, including documentation and presentation
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, with careful attention to root cause
- Proactive towards continuous improvement and self-development
- Memory product knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of Automated Test Equipment and debug tools like oscilloscope and logic analyzer is a plus